Over $3,000 has been raised for the Roleplaying Game Creators Relief Fund (RCRF) http://www.rcrfcharity.org so far.
To celebrate their 6th birthday, Bundle of Holding is offering a special bundle. This deal is geared towards a non-profit – Roleplaying Game Creators Relief Fund (RCRF). All of the net purchase price, minus gatekeeper fees, will be going to RCRF. It is only available until tomorrow. The games in the bundle are normally free elsewhere. It may seem strange to pay for games that you can get for free, but it is their way of giving back.
From the e-mail they sent me:
Adventurer! You subscribed to this Bundle of Holding mailing list to receive news of our pay-what-you-want collections of tabletop roleplaying games and RPG-related books at http://bundleofholding.com.
WE WANT YOUR MONEY FOR FREE GAMES
Through this Friday, February 22 — for just two days! — we present the 2019 Birthday Bundle, a charity offer for the Bundle of Holding’s sixth anniversary. And we’re celebrating with an audacious request: We want you to pay money for free roleplaying games — for a good cause.
The Bundle of Holding launched 20 February 2013. We mark the site’s sixth anniversary with this benefit offer featuring high-quality free RPGs we wouldn’t otherwise be able to present in the Bundle format — terrific games like Lady Blackbird, Ironsworn, and Forgotten Futures. Again, you can download all these RPGs free elsewhere around the web (links below). But, for just a small donation, you get convenient access to them on your Wizard’s Cabinet download page on the Bundle site — and your entire donation (after gateway fees) goes to this offer’s designated charity, the RPG Creators Relief Fund. The RCRF is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charity founded to provide financial assistance to tabletop roleplaying creators suffering hardship due to medical emergencies, natural disasters, and other catastrophic situations.
Donate just US$1 to get all four free RPGs in our Starter Collection as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- Lasers & Feelings: The elegant one-page Star-Trekkian system by John Harper (Blades in the Dark), plus assorted L&F hacks that adapt the rules to superheroics, magical-girl adventure, Mythos horror, cyberpunk, Silicon Valley, and more.
- Engine Heart Deluxe (Viral Games): Little service robots try to survive in a post-organic world.
- ViewScream 2E (Neoplastic Press): Rafael Chandler’s live-action game designed for video chat. [Previously presented in the September 2016 Indie Treasure Trove 4.]
- Poking the Emperor (Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan): Courtiers vie for the favor of a senile (yet still dangerous) monarch.
If you instead donate $2, you’ll get all those games and also get our entire Bonus Collection with seven more games:
- The Lady Blackbird series: Lady Blackbird, Magister Lor, and Lord Scurlock — three beautiful sandbox-style steampunk games by John Harper.
- Mythender: Ryan Macklin’s full-length heavy-metal fantasy RPG of powerful humans who hunt down gods and End them.
- Ironsworn (Shawn Tomkin): Dark fantasy and desperate battles in an untracked land — vow-driven quests Powered by the Apocalypse.
- Atomic Highway (Gallant Knight Games): Post-apocalypse survival action for your inner road warrior.
- Forgotten Futures (Marcus Rowland): The original shareware (now freeware) tabletop RPG of Victorian and Edwardian sf/fantasy.
Why pay less? Help the RCRF with a couple of bucks, and get some of the best free RPGs the field has ever seen, before this 2019 Birthday Bundle disappears this Friday night.