I saw this on FamilySearch today – 20 Meaningful Ways to Celebrate Father’s Day: https://www.familysearch.org/blog/en/things-to-do-for-fathers-day-20-idea/. Over 900 words long so shortened it significantly. In addition to examples given in the link above, consider other things you may be able to do on your own or with other family members.
Father’s Day is that one special day every year to celebrate the fathers in your life. It can look different for everyone, whether you’re celebrating your father, spouse, step-father, brother, or a role model.
Finding things to do for Father’s Day can be difficult. If you’re having a hard time thinking of something, try some of the ideas below. Or, use them to get started as you look for ways to honor and celebrate the men in your life!
1. Learn about his family tree.
2. Prepare a scavenger hunt.
3. Do a puzzle together.
4. Share your favorite memories of your father.
5. Host a friendly family competition.
6. Make a home-made gift.
7. Take a minivacation.
8. Play games.
9. Explore ancestral locations.
10. Put on a show.
11. Bake a Father’s Day treat or dinner.
12. Participate in his favorite hobby.
13. Do some crazy science experiments.
14. Play in the water.
15. Discover memories.
16. Enjoy an outing to the park.
17. Watch a movie.
18. Enjoy the great outdoors.
19. Do an act of service.
20. Learn about your family name.