I noticed this yesterday on Find-A-Grave. There are supposedly some limitations on spouse, parent child, or sibling that I am working on figuring out. Note: you have to choose More Search Options to get the expanded list. I am hearing different reports on social media, but my searches haven’t been impeded by what some are reporting.
- Use the
*wildcards in name fields.
?replaces one letter.
*represents zero to many letters. E.g. Sorens?n or Wil*
- Search for an exact birth/death year or select a range, before or after.
- Select “More search options” to:
- Search for a memorial or contributor by ID.
- Include the name of a spouse, parent child or sibling. in your search.
- Use partial name search or similar name spellings to catch alternate spellings or broaden your search.
- Narrow your results to famous, Non-Cemetery Burials, memorials with or without grave photos and more.
Get more help from our Help Center.
I thought this was a good Tombstone Tuesdays post.
Previous Tombstone Tuesdays posts: https://upsdownsfamilyhistory.wordpress.com/tag/Tombstone-tuesday/