Today’s discover prompt is Open – https://wordpress.com/discover-wordpress/2020/04/02/discover-prompts-day-2-open/. This is a very broad category according to the prompt post – see below.
Ready to roll? All you need to do is…
- Write a new post on your site in response to the prompt.
- Tag your post with
Discover Promptsand click Publish.
- Head to the Reader to engage with other participants’ posts.
Need more ideas? Not sure what to write around Open?
- Describe a memorable experience in a wide-open space: a desert hike, a picnic, an old-school train station…
- Tell us about a store, restaurant, or public venue that’s currently closed, and that you can’t wait to see reopen.
- Write a haiku (or several) in which “open” is the final word.
- Share a story about a time when you or someone you know acted with open-mindedness and curiosity.
- Post a photo that invokes a feeling of openness (for you, at least) and tell us when, where, and why you took it.
My experience on my ferry trip from Helsinki, Finland to Tallinn, Estonia for half a day. The trip took 3 hours each way and spent probably a couple of hours in the city. I made the mistake of falling asleep on either the way there or the way back. My Executive Director took the opportunity to snap a photo of me sleeping. I didn’t sleep long.
It was a beautiful late June day 2005. The ferry ride was uneventful and the water wasn’t that rough. It was a clear day and I could see for miles/kilometers. The temperature was warm enough without being too warm for several hours of walking once we made port. If you have never been on a large body of water on a nice day, it’s a nice experience. I have been on several large bodies of water – Mississippi Sound, Gulf of Mexico, Gulf of Finland. As long as you don’t get seasick, you should be fine.