I did not see anything last night on FindMyPast. Here’s this week’s FindMyPast Fridays – Find your Welsh family this St David’s Day: https://www.findmypast.com/blog/new/find-your-welsh-family-this-st-davids-day. They can usually be found at https://www.findmy past.com/blog/new/, either Thursday or Friday, depending on when they get posted.
More Welsh burial records and Hampshire parish records are now online to help you in your family history quest.
We’ve added over 100,000 new records to Findmypast this week to help you journey back in time.
Are your ancestors buried in Wales? There are over 36,000 new records to this existing collection, ideal for helping you find where your forebears were buried, in addition to birth and death dates. Each entry comprises a transcript and a link to the headstone with the GPS location of the burial. Sometimes a headstone includes other family members’ names too, so be sure to check the link.
We’ve got over 31,000 new baptisms for you to explore from 5 additional parishes. There’s a transcript and an accompanying image, provided by Surrey County Council. A perfect place to start searching for your Hampshire family.
Is your relatives’ church included? Check our updated parish lists.
With over 26,000 new marriage records across 4 new parishes, now is the time to find out more about your Hampshire ancestors. Who did they marry? Where did they marry? They can yield further information too, such as parents’ names, witnesses and occupations.
At journey’s end, you may find your ancestors’ final resting place in the Hampshire Burials. We’ve added over 24,000 new records across 5 new parishes. You could discover their age at the time of death and the parish they were buried in.
We’ve expanded our collection this week to include four new political titles and a brand new Irish paper. Our latest additions are:
We’re continuing to add pages to existing titles too, with more coverage for England, Scotland, Ireland, India and Canada:
- Wakefield Express has been updated for the years 1870 and 1910
- Leinster Reporter has been updated for the years 1859-1877, 1879 and 1889-1896
- Kilkenny Moderator has been updated for the years 1841, 1845, 1852-1880, 1882-1884, 1886-1899
- Hamilton Daily Times has been updated for the years 1873-1874, 1876-1878, 1880, 1883, 1885, 1916, 1919
- Toronto Daily Mail has been updated for the years 1882-1883, 1885, 1889, 1891-1893, 1895
- Chester Chronicle has been updated for the years 1872-1879, 1881-1882, 1897
- Friend of India and Statesman has been updated for the years 1864, 1877-1883
- Dumfries and Galloway Standard has been updated for the year 1890
- Richmond & Ripon Chronicle has been updated for the years 1856 and 1858
- Fife News has been updated for the year 1882
- Sport (Dublin) has been updated for the year 1929
- Madras Courier has been updated for the year 1817
- Somerset Standard has been updated for the years 1900-1914, 1971-1976
- Kent & Sussex Courier has been updated for the years 1951-1965
- Daily Herald has been updated for the years 1962-1964
- Aberdeen Press and Journal has been updated for the year 1985
- Toronto Saturday Night has been updated for the years 1899 and 1910
- Westminster Gazette has been updated for the year 1909
Previous FindMyPast Fridays posts: https://upsdownsfamilyhistory.wordpress.com/tag/findmypast-fridays/