Over 700 words, but you can click on the first link to get a shorter synopsis for the bundle. Cthulhu is based on the books by H. P. Lovecraft. Let’s just say Lovecraft had some unusual horror ideas – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._P._Lovecraft; see also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lovecraftian_horror. I never got into the genre, but have watched one of the movies based on Lovecraft’s work – Re-Animator movie. Definitely not something to watch by yourself if you get scared easily or late at night. More a zombie movie than some of his scarier stuff.
Through MONDAY, FEBRUARY 3 the Stygian Fox Cthulhu Bundle finds all-new ways to terrify Investigators
Adventurer! You subscribed to this Bundle of Holding mailing list to receive news of our pay-what-you-want collections of tabletop roleplaying game .PDFs and RPG-related ebooks at http://bundleofholding.com.
CC3+ OFFERS END TONIGHT!
Today is your last chance to get our two extended offers featuring Campaign Cartographer 3+, the bestselling Windows mapping program from ProFantasy Software. Start with our revived April 2018 Campaign Cartographer Bundle:
Then add the all-new City Designer companion with many maps, floorplans, and style packs that lend a cosmopolitan touch to CC3+:
But these two Campaign Cartographer offers go away tonight!
INTENSE FORAYS INTO STYGIAN DARKNESS
Through Monday, February 3 we present the all-new Stygian Fox Cthulhu Bundle featuring recent Call of Cthulhu sourcebooks, investigations, and play aids from Stygian Fox Publishing. These fiercely imaginative (and uncomfortable) scenarios of realistic horror range beyond the Cthulhu Mythos and across many times and locales.
We presented several Stygian Fox titles in the October 2018 Bundle of Tentacles 5, including the unsettling scenario collections The Things We Leave Behind and Fear’s Sharp Little Needles, along with the Victorian-era agency sourcebook for Cthulhu by Gaslight, Hudson & Brand, Inquiry Agents of the Obscure. The company has published prolifically since then, and wants to publish more still — and this all-new offer will help.
For several years, to produce its broad range of Cthulhu scenarios in many settings (notionally linked by the brand “Fox Country”), Stygian Fox pursued an ambitious crowdfunding program. This offer’s proceeds help the company, joined by their friends at Brittannia Game Designs, to fulfill several of Stygian’s Kickstarter campaigns. Brittannia’s Steve Turner masterminded the successful July 2019 Chivalry & Sorcery Fifth Edition Kickstarter, currently finishing up on schedule. Now Steve — both an experienced indie publisher and a chartered Credit Manager in the United Kingdom — is administering the funds from this Bundle offer to help bring Stygian’s New Tales of the Miskatonic Valley and The Wild Hunt across the finish line.
This collection takes you from spirit-stalked 1990s Japan to haunted Victorian seasides, from an infected ocean liner in New York harbor to London’s Necropolis Express. Pay just US$7.95 to get all four titles in our Starter Collection (retail value $42) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks, including The Book of Contemporary Magical Places, the modern-day CoC scenario I Want to Play, the beautiful Cartomancy 23: Lovecraft Country Map Pack collection, and an unusual play aid: Afterlives, a deck of print-and-cut cards that describe your Investigator’s ultimate post-scenario fate.
And if you pay more than the threshold (average) price, which is set at $17.95 to start, you’ll level up and also get our entire Bonus Collection with five more scenarios and sourcebooks worth an additional $60, including Nakuko (set in 1990s Japan), The Dark Forest (modern-day Michigan), Thorston, the Shunned Town on the Dee and Nightmare on the Necropolis Express (both Cthulhu by Gaslight Victorian-era), and Autophagia (1920s).
Ten percent of your payment (after gateway fees) goes to this offer’s designated charity, the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
This Stygian Fox Cthulhu Bundle wanders into the Dark Forest and vanishes Monday, February 3.
CROWDFUNDING NEWS – JAN 2020
- Jenna Moran (Nobilis, Chuubo’s Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine) has launched (and already funded) the campaign for Glitch, her long-awaited follow-up to Nobilis.
- The Design Mechanism (Mythras, formerly RuneQuest 6) wants to produce Casting the Runes, a new GUMSHOE System game based on the ghost stories of M. R. James (1862-1936).
- Black Armada Games (Lovecraftesque, Flotsam) is funding Last Fleet, a high-stakes, high-stress Apocalypse Engine SFRPG about the last of humanity, fleeing across space while pursued by the implacable inhuman adversary that destroyed civilization.
- Gallant Knight Games (Tiny Dungeon) is preparing The Hero’s Journey Fantasy Roleplaying 2E, an FRPG by James Spahn (White Star) that blends classic tradition and modern game design to bring you an experience inspired by fairy stories and fantasy literature.
- Onyx Path Publishing is producing a Cult of the Blood Gods sourcebook for Vampire Fifth Edition.
- Craig Campbell (Murders & Acquisitions in the November 2018 Indie Cornucopia 6) is readying a deluxe hardcover edition of Capers, his Prohibition-era superhero RPG.
There’s more at the Beyond the Bundle blog, “Crowdfunding by past Bundle contributors — Jan 2020.”
OUR SOCIAL SITES