I am not an attorney and any comments I post are not intended, nor should they be construed, as legal advice. If you need legal advice, please consult a legal expert who is familiar with the area of legal expertise you need.
I am not a medical health professional and any comments I post are not intended, nor should they be construed, as medical advice. If you believe you are experiencing a medical emergency, dial 911 (where applicable) or contact proper emergency service personnel.
I saw this in a social media group not too long ago – 7 Things You Need to Know Before Scattering Ashes – Perfect Memorials: https://www.perfectmemorials.com/guides/7-things-you-need-to-know-before-scattering-ashes/. There are exceptions, including state law if you are dumping in an area that is not under federal jurisdiction, and things to consider that are covered in a fair amount of detail in the link. Looks like the first comment to the articles was made April 2017 so it’s at least that old. \
As part of 3 below, I posted about Disney Parks – Disney Parks Cremated Loved Ones Not Allowed – Weirdness Wednesday February 13, 2019.
1. Most National Parks Allow Ashes To Be Scattered.
2. Ask Permission Before Scattering Ashes on Private Property.
3. Sports Stadiums and Amusement Parks Are Private Property.
4. Spreading Ashes at Sea Is Allowed.
5. You May Be Allowed to Scatter Ashes on Uninhabited Public Land.
6. It May Be OK to Scatter Ashes in a Graveyard – But Maybe Not.
7. Be Considerate of Others.
Bonus Tip! All Urns Can Be Used For Scattering Cremains.