I saw this on the ISOGG Facebook group, but here’s the link to the DNA Painter Facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/dnapainter/posts/471752216711974.
I’m pleased to announce that trees are now available at DNA Painter for all registered users. A tree on DNA Painter is an attractive single-page summary of one person’s direct ancestors that you can search and optionally share:
– Build a simple tree manually or import a GEDCOM file and choose a person from it
– Search by name or location
– Use DNA Filters to visualize the inheritance path for X, Y and mitochondrial DNA
– Tree, fan chart and text views (mobile users will see just tree and text)
– Keep track of your genetic family tree
– Store notes for each ancestor (e.g. possible surnames just beyond your brick walls!)
– Calculate how complete your tree is, and visualize any instances of pedigree collapse
– Keep your tree private, or optionally generate a secret web address as an attractive, user-friendly summary of your direct line to share with DNA matches or family members
If you’d like to see an example, check my tree out here:
(no login required)
I hope you find it useful. I would welcome all feedback.
Integration with chromosome maps will be coming later this year.
Here’s the YouTube video link: DNA Painter’s New Family Tree Feature and DNA Filters – Genealogy Tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_RSGDS5goE (about 24:01 minutes long).
It says all registered users which indicates free users as well as paid users. For subscription prices: https://dnapainter.com/help/how-much.
The cost is 30 US dollars for a 6-month subscription, or 55 US dollars for 12 months. Payment can be made via Credit Card or PayPal. For more information, please click the button below to visit the subscribe page.