I appreciate them posting this early yesterday afternoon – FindMyPast Fridays June 28, 2019: FindMyPast Fridays June 28, 2019.
Donegal Workhouses Registers and Minute Books
Search for your Irish ancestry through more than 400,000 new and exclusive records from the Donegal workhouses. The records include admission and discharge registers as well as board of guardians’ minute books. The books span from 1840 to 1922, comprise records from 7 poor law unions across Donegal and join our growing collection of Irish Work House and Poor Law records. These records are also available to browse.
Scotland, Highland Poor Law 1845-1929
Find out if your Highland ancestors fell on hard times with more than 9,000 new poverty relief records. These detailed transcripts can reveal a wide range of information about your ancestors, a description of the relief they received, location, their occupation, residence, earnings, the names and earnings of their relatives, how poor they actually were and the nature of their disability (if disabled).
Scotland, Highlands and Islands Assisted Emigration 1852-1857
Search the names of those who received assistance from the Highlands and Islands Emigration Society in emigrating from the Highlands of Scotland for Australia. Each transcript will reveal when your ancestor’s dates and ports of both departure and arrival, their age and residence, the ship they sailed on, the name of their sponsor and the amount they received.
British & Irish Roots Collection
More than 1.2 million records has been added to our exclusive British and Irish Roots Collection, a vast database of nearly 100 million records, handpicked by our in-house experts, that identify a British or Irish emigrants in North America.
International Records Update – Luxembourg
Does your family tree have roots in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg? Find out with three new indexes of births & baptisms, marriages and deaths & burials spanning the years 1662 to 1840.
British & Irish Newspaper Update
This week we are delighted to welcome 137,896 new pages to The Archive, with new pages adding to 18 existing publications spanning 128 years from 1871 to 1999.
This week’s new additions include:
- Staffordshire Sentinel: 1906-1910, 1918-1919
- Newcastle Evening Chronicle: 1894, 1913, 1919
- The People: 1946-1949
- Newcastle Chronicle: 1875-1896, 1899-1900
- Surrey Advertiser: 1909
- Limerick Chronicle: 1825
- Aberdeen Press and Journal: 1983-1984
- Walsall Observer, and South Staffordshire Chronicle: 1873-1911, 1925-1933, 1958-1969
- Pinner Observer: 1999
- Harrow Leader: 1998-1999
- Ealing Leader: 1998-1999
- Hayes & Harlington Gazette: 1998-1999
- Acton Gazette: 1871-1880, 1885, 1888-1892, 1894-1903, 1910-1917, 1921-1939
- Amersham Advertiser: 1998
- Hammersmith & Shepherds Bush Gazette: 1991
- Dumfries and Galloway Standard: 1874, 1884
- Daily Gazette for Middlesbrough: 1901-1902
- Hamilton Advertiser: 1889-1892, 1894, 1897, 1901, 1903-1904, 1906-1908