I ran across this contest on another blog: https://willowdot21.wordpress.com/2019/03/23/final-call-for-entries-for-the-2019-bloggers-bash-blog-post-competition/.
The deadline for entries is 23:59 (GMT) on Sunday, 24th March 2019.
What are this year’s competition themes?
Because we’re celebrating our 5th year of bringing bloggers together, one of the themes for this year’s blog post competition is the number ‘five.’
The other theme for the competition is to create, write, and publish a blog post that stands out above all other blog posts. Simply put, we’re asking you to write the best blog post ever which has the theme of ‘Five’.
How many words am I allowed to use in my entry?
You’ve got a maximum of 375 words to work with. Any entries that exceed 375 words (excluding the title of the post) will be disqualified.
The Cost: £5 per entry – all proceeds go to funding the Bloggers Bash. Payment accepted through PayPal only, using the button below. Click the ‘buy now’ button to make your payment.
How do I submit my entry?
- Publish your entry on your blog.
- Send an email to email@example.com with the following information –
- The word count of all the words (excluding the title) in your post.
- Your name and the name of your blog.
- A link to the blog post that contains your entry.
- The identification number on your PayPal payment.
Please use the email subject title BB Blog Post Competition.
1st prize is a £50 Amazon gift card.
2nd prize is a £15 Amazon gift card.
3rd prize is a £10 Amazon gift card.
Winners and their blogs will also receive publicity through the Bloggers Bash website when the results are announced.
What the judges will be looking for –
- Posts that immediately grab a reader’s attention and keeps them captivated.
- Keeps the reader reading until the end of the post.
- Posts that have been well-thought out and not rushed.
- That stimulates readers to want to leave a comment or to share the post via social media or by re-blogging it.
- A good, clean, eye-catching layout.
- Makes the author of the post come over as friendly, and as someone, the reader will want to find out more about.
- Will make the reader want to follow or sign up for future posts.
- An eye-catching blog post title that will entice readers to click on a link to read more.
- Does not include too many spelling or grammar mistakes.
Looks interesting. You have to enter before the deadline to be considered. I probably won’t enter this year.
They have a Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/991165987611263/