AncestryDNA ThruLines Update: https://support.ancestry.com/s/article/AncestryDNA-ThruLines. More details in the link.
ThruLines™ shows you the common ancestors who likely connect you to your DNA matches and gives you a clearer view of how you all may be related.
- How to get ThruLines™
- How it works
- Exploring ThruLines™
- Potential ancestors and ancestors from your linked tree
How to get ThruLines™
- Take an AncestryDNA® test
- Opt to see and be seen by your DNA matches
- Link your family tree to your DNA test
- Make sure your linked family tree is either public or private but searchable
- Build your linked family tree back at least four generations
- Check in two days; if ThruLines are available, they’ll appear within 48 hours
How it works
We use the public or private and searchable family tree linked to your test to find people who are in both your tree and in other Ancestry member trees that are marked as public or private and searchable. If your tree is private and not searchable, you won’t be able to see ThruLines, and information from your matches’ trees that are private and not searchable won’t be available to you