There are a number of Genealogy! Just Ask! groups on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/search/groups/?q=genealogy!%20just%20ask!&epa=SERP_TAB. The list covers different U. S. states, foreign countries, different topics, etc.
One of the largest is https://www.facebook.com/groups/GenealogyJustAsk/ with over 50,000, almost 51,000, members. Part of the group’s About Page:
The purpose of this group is to assist members in research ancestors – to learn about resources and techniques that will enhance that research. Basic Rules (Please read the full rules when joining):
1. No searching for or discussing living people
2. No selling goods or services (even if genealogy related)
3. Venting is discouraged.
It’s always a wise move to read the rules of any Facebook group you join. In some of the groups I am a part of, the rules can vary widely. Worse, some of the groups have similar names, but significantly different group rules.
Things to look out for in group rules: what is allowed and what is not allowed. Some common examples I see in other groups include:
- No pictures unless posted in the comments section
- No links or advertising without being pre-approved by admins
- No blocking admins
- No sexual or romantic comments towards other members
- No asking for or sharing of personal information
- No colored backgrounds (something that has become popular with some users)
The Genealogy! Just Ask! groups hold a wealth of information.