As usual, FindMyPast Fridays – https://blog.findmypast.com/findmypast-friday-january-25th-2627630903.html (apparently somebody on FindMyPast needs to check dates as the linked item shows February 1st and not January 25th at the top of the page) was posted Thursday. As usual on Thursday, I scheduled it Friday since that’s they call it FindMyPast Friday.
New York Roman Catholic Parish Baptisms
Over 329,000 additional baptism records have been added to our collection of New York Roman Catholic Sacramental registers. The new additions cover nearly 60 parishes across the dioses and span the years 1787 to 1916.
New York Roman Catholic Parish Marriages
Over 95,000 Sacramental register entries from 65 New York Catholic parishes have been added to the collection. Marriage records are an excellent way of adding new branches and previous generations to your family tree.
New York Roman Catholic Parish Congregational Records
Hundreds of new records have been added to our collection of New York Roman Catholic Parish Congregational Records. The new additions cover the parishes of SS Joseph & Thomas in Richmond County (1910), St Columba in Orange County (1895 – 1915) and St Peter in Ulster County (1860).
Lincolnshire Registers & Records
Over 500 additional images have been added to our collection of Lincolnshire registers and records.
British & Irish Newspapers
This week at the British Newspaper Archive we are celebrating passing the 30 million image mark, with the addition of 143,974 new images to the Archive. As well as now having over 30 million searchable pages this week, we have a bumper crop of newly updated titles (fifteen in all), covering England, Scotland and Ireland and spanning the years 1849 to 2005.
The full list of recently updated titles includes:
- West Surrey Times – 1876, 1882-1887, 1893, 1895, 1899-1910, 1913-1914
- Sunday Life – 1988-1997
- Heywood Advertiser – 1877
- Lloyd’s List – 1912
- Leicester Daily Post – 1879, 1887
- Buckingham Express – 1869
- Evening Herald (Dublin) – 2005
- Daily Herald – 1957
- Express and Echo – 1881-1888, 1890-1895, 1899-1900
- Belfast Telegraph – 1917
- Gloucestershire Chronicle – 1849-1851, 1855-1864, 1866-1870
- Huddersfield Daily Examiner – 1872, 1886, 1891-1895, 1901-1904
- Worcester Herald – 1859-1860
- Perthshire Advertiser – 1933-1935, 1987
- Carlisle Journal – 1882, 1884, 1886-1888, 1890, 1893, 1895
Previous FindMyPast Fridays posts: https://upsdownsfamilyhistory.wordpress.com/tag/findmypast-fridays/