Updated May 2, 2019 to include links to posts I have made about some of the places.
What Interesting, Unusual, Odd, Strange, or Other Places, Events, Museums, Etc. Have You Visited Or Want to Visit? I have visited a number of places that fit the bill and have many more I would like to visit.
Some of the more interesting places I have visited:
- Fort Massachusetts/Ship Island, Mississippi – Ship Island – Mississippi Mondays January 21, 2019
- USS Alabama and USS Drum, Mobile, Alabama – USS Alabama Memorial
- Suomenlinna Fortress in Helsinki, Finland with submarine nearby
- Toompea Castle in Tallinn, Estonia
- A Flintstone village South Dakota – Dinosaur Park, Derby Kansas
- Wall Drug, South Dakota
- Rockwell Museum, western Massachusetts
- Salem Witch Museum, Salem, Massachusetts
- Spanish Fort, Mississippi; fort is an overly generous title
- Some caverns in New Mexico (I think it was New Mexico)
- Submarine – USS Pampanito, in San Francisco, California
- Molly Brown’s house in Colorado, it had been burned down by vandals
- U. S. Congress, the old part as they were in session in the new part.
- State Capitol buildings: Topeka, Kansas; Jackson, Mississippi;
- various Pow-wows, mostly in Wichita, Kansas
- Renaissance Fair(e)s – various places
- U. S. Air Force Academy
- Pontchartrain Beach Amusement Park, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Salt Mine (before they renamed it), Hutchinson, Kansas
- Cosmosphere, Hutchinson, Kansas
- Goofy Golf Amusement Park, Biloxi, Mississippi
- Deer Ranch and Eight Flags, Biloxi, Mississippi, technically only the saloon in the Wild West area
- Cowtown, Wichita, Kansas
- Joyland Amusement Park, Wichita, Kansas
- and others that don’t come to mind right now
Some of the above items are no longer around or are closed. Others not included above are the White House (from outside the fence), Washington Monument, the St. Louis Arch, several ships that I only saw without going aboard. My Bucket List has a ton of other places that I would love to see. The above includes some of the amusement parks, but not all of them.
I have blogged about some of these in the past and will link those posts to this one. Others I will blog about at some point.