Via https://blog.billiongraves.com/2018/10/30/national-cemetery-veterans-day-photos/ – BillionGraves blog: National Cemetery Veterans Day Photos: Find the Fallen.
National Cemeteries and Veterans Day go hand-in-hand. Who do you know that is a Veteran? Do you have a plan to show gratitude for their service? One way to honor the memory of those who have served our country is to find the fallen in a national cemetery. Use the BillionGraves app to document their grave and have it tagged with a GPS location.
10 Ways to Honor Veterans this Veterans Day
- Take BillionGraves photos at a National Cemetery (instructions available at https://blog.billiongraves.com/2018/10/02/hosting-a-cemetery-service-project-in-8-easy-steps/ )
- Thank a Veteran for their service
- Ask Veterans about their service in the military and truly listen to their story
- Put a flag in your yard
- Visit Veterans at a Veterans hospital
- Take dinner to a Veteran
- Write a letter to someone currently serving in the military
- Call a Veteran family member
- Take a quiet moment to be thankful for Veterans and your freedom
- Teach a child what it means to be a Veteran
There’s a lot more in the BillionGraves link above than what snippets I shared. Worth checking out. I want to thank the BillionGraves contributor who photographed my parents and niece who are buried in Biloxi National Cemetery – https://billiongraves.com/cemetery/Biloxi-National-Cemetery/160953 – only a handful of the 18,000 graves have been photographed on BillionGraves. I don’t live close or I would help out getting the rest photographed.