Updated October 3, 2018: Added a new item (Tunnels & Trolls 1E) that was added to Gamemaster Collection. If you already purchased this bundle, it was automatically added to your account – check your Wizard’s Cabinet on Bundle of Holding or My Library on DriveThru RPG (DTRPG). Also, updated the current threshold level end date as roughly October 15, 2018 (since it ends in 12 days, 6 hours). I also added a link on Gaming Sunday Week of September 30, 2018 to this post.
As a thank you to the Reroll blog‘s subtle reminder for me to check Bundle of Holding, I came across a Tunnels and Trolls (T&T) bundle: https://bundleofholding.com/presents/TunnelsAndTrolls. For $7.95, you get the Solitaire Collection which includes (I bolded the titles to make them stand out more):
For just US $7.95 you get all twelve titles in our Solitaire Collection (retail value $47) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- A fun 64-page manga-style set of Tunnels & Trolls quickstart rules, produced by T&T Adventures Japan (where T&T is big) and presented here in English translation. A perfect intro to the game, this booklet gives all the rules you need to play the solos in this collection, plus a solitaire and two gamemastered scenarios.
- Four starting T&T solos: Battle School, Sea of Mystery, Sorcerer Solitaire, and the first solo RPG adventure ever published for any game, Buffalo Castle.
- Three mid-level T&T solos: Agent of Death, Naked Doom, and Sewers of Oblivion.
- Three killer T&T solos: Arena of Khazan, Deathtrap Equalizer Dungeon, and perhaps the most fondly remembered of all the solos, Michael A. Stackpole’s City of Terrors.
- Goblin Lake (previously presented in our November 2016 Old School Revival 4).
If you want the Gamemaster Collection, you will need to pay the minimum threshold price ($19.27 as of October 3, 2018, but it will easily rise as more people purchase bundles and in other bundles, the price can hit $30+ before the bundle ends):
And if you pay more than the threshold price of $19.27, you’ll level up and also get our entire Gamemaster Collection with nine more titles worth an additional $47:
- The latest and greatest version of the rules, the complete 386-page Deluxe Tunnels & Trolls core rulebook (2015), plus the Deluxe GM Screen (both previously in the OSR 4 offer).
- Monsters! Monsters!: Ken St. Andre’s standalone spinoff game, based on T&T, that lets you play the monsters, guarding your dungeon home from so-called heroic intruders.
- Adventurers Compendium: An 88-page collection of nine solo adventures and three gamemastered scenarios unearthed from Sorcerer’s Apprentice magazine.
- Four classic T&T gamemastered scenarios: The Complete Dungeon of the Bear, Dwarf World, Seven Challenges of Kartejan, and Uncle Ugly’s Underground Doom.
- NEW! Tunnels & Trolls First Edition reprint (retail $2): A .PDF image scan of the complete, original 43-page T&T rulebook from 1975, sufficient to play any of the solitaire adventures in this offer.
The bundle ends in 12 days, 6 hours (roughly October 15, 2018).
As usual, some of the money goes to a charity picked by the organization offering the bundle:
The Good Fight
Ten percent of your payment (after payment gateway fees) goes to this offer’s designated charity, the Roleplaying Game Creators Relief Fund.
The Roleplaying Game Creators Relief Fund (RCRF) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization* founded to provide financial assistance to tabletop roleplaying game creators suffering hardship due to medical emergencies, natural disasters, and other catastrophic situations. Learn more on how to Become A Sponsor
If you order either bundle, the bundle items are added to your Bundle of Holding account where you can download the PDFs, but the items are also available at DriveThruRPG (DTRPG): https://www.drivethrurpg.com and you can also download them from there. If you don’t have a DTRPG account, it’s free to sign up for an account.
Here are some T&T resources listed by Bundle of Holding:
Tunnels & Trolls resources
- The official Deluxe Tunnels & Trolls website
- T&T designer Ken St. Andre’s current Tunnels & Trolls blog and his older blog (well, one of them), Atroll’s Entertainment
- Liz Danforth’s Oakheart website and her Mages and Sages Patreon page
- Gristlegrim’s Floating Fortress
- Vin’s T&T Trollbridge (fan forum)
- Eposic, the Troll Mystic
- Garen’s Tunnels & Trolls
- Darrgh’s Den
- The Radio Free Trollworld Yahoo Group has been running since 2000!
Not listed above, but you can join a Facebook group, Trollhallans, https://www.facebook.com/groups/876448375868280/. Ken St. Andre is part of the group and is more than willing to answer questions about the game. You can also learn more about the game at Flying Buffalo (sometimes abbreviated FBI, not be confused with the law enforcement agency with the same acronym; gaming company that produces T&T): http://www.flyingbuffalo.com/tandt.htm (good place to get printed copies of the books if you like having a hard copy of the rules). From the FBI link above for T&T:
Tunnels & Trolls is the second ever fantasy role playing game published. A fantasy role playing game is a game where a leader, usually known as the gamemaster, has created an adventure for a group of friends, and the friends play the game and try to solve the problem or rescue the princess or kill the dragon or whatever. Ken St Andre read and tried to understand That Other Fantasy RPG, and decided that he could invent one that was easier to understand and so T&T was born, over 30 years ago. The game has gone through several editions since then, but it remains popular and is played all over the world. A group of five of us created the latest version: the Deluxe Tunnels & Trolls.
If you want a quick and dirty explanation, you can use Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunnels_%26_Trolls.
You may also see T&T referred to as dT&T or DT&T, which is the Deluxe version of the game.